Friday, January 8, 2010

Behind Life's Debris

By: S.Cain

Just behind the sunset
My future waits for me
I haven't seen it yet
But its my destiny


Its where I'm full of pride
Its where I have to be
The wisdom coincides
With what I have to see

Just behind the sunset
The present slips from me
Appealing silhouette
Wind whispering softly

Its where children divide
Its where they give their plea
And the adult resides
To make the guarantee

Just behind the sunset
The past envelopes me
It is so delicate
Remember, holds the key

I have somewhat denied
The hurt endured by me
And taken all in stride
Everything that could be

Just behind the sunset
Time has entangled me
I will never regret
The pain i felt for thee

The emotions collide
Anger and honesty
Just like a rising tide
You roll in constantly

Just behind the sunset
A cloud of life's debris
I must never forget
The way we disagreed

Its on the other side
The cloud of life's debris
Where feelings cannot hide
The wound sustained by me

No comments:

Post a Comment